- Copyright: The artist shall retain all copyrights of any image they submit to Grey Cube Gallery. Your images will be used only for marketing, promotional, and display purposes for any show organized by Grey Cube Gallery.
- Entry fee: $16 for the 2 images
- Entry deadline: 15th June 2023
- Who can enter: Open to all photographers, worldwide, 18+
The gallery invites artists and photographers to share their artistic vision using any work with interpretation of botanical and floral art (flowers, herbs, fruit, leaves, plants and related floral subcjects). All visual art mediums (except video and sound) are allowed.
The Best of Show winning artwork will be displayed as the poster of the show.
All wining artists (Merit Award & Honorable Mention) will receive a digital award certificate.
You may submit 2 images per entry fee. Online submission of digital images via the website.
Image requirements: up to 2.0 MB in file sze; JPG format
– originality and quality of art
– demonstration of artistic ability
– interpretation of the theme
– overall design
– usage of medium
PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS FOR YOU:
Time your plant pictures during the so-called golden hours if you would like to create a warm effect. This means you can either shoot your image at dawn, as the sun rises, or at dusk, as the sun sets. Making this choice adds a wonderful orange glow to your photos, which usually pairs well with lush or tropical plants. It also adds a magical touch to plants with red foliage or stems, like Virginia creepers or red twig dogwood.
To create a cooler effect, you can shoot your picture slightly later or earlier in the day, especially when it’s overcast. This is a great way to emphasize the winter-like quality of needled evergreens like Japanese umbrella spines or dawn redwood, or to highlight the clean white or cream shades of silverbells, white roses, or magnolias. What’s more, cooler lighting truly brights out the green in any foliage.
Similar photography competitions: