California Ocean and Coastal Photography Contest
An amateur photographer is defined as someone who earns less than 50 percent of their income from photography. Photographs in this contest feature the following subjects:
- The scenic coast and Pacific Ocean off California,
- People and the California coast, and
- California ocean and coastal wildlife.
- Four tickets for a San Diego whale watch cruise, courtesy of San Diego Whale Watch; and four tickets for a kayak or paddleboard wildlife tour of Mission Bay, courtesy of Aqua Adventures.
- Two tickets for a Santa Barbara whale watch cruise, courtesy of Condor Express; two tickets for a Morro Bay kayak tour, courtesy of Central Coast Outdoors; and two tickets for a winery tour, courtesy of Malibu Wine Hikes.
- Two tickets for a Moss Landing whale watch cruise, courtesy of Sea Goddess Whale Watching; one stand-up paddleboard lesson courtesy of 510 Waterline, Richmond; and one Tomales Bay double kayak adventure, courtesy of Blue Waters Kayaking.
- Two tickets for a Monterey whale watching cruise courtesy of Discovery Whale Watch; a stand up paddleboard or kayak rental, courtesy of SeaTrek Sausalito; a kayak rental courtesy of Stacked Adventures, Alameda; and two stand-up paddle board classes and rentals, courtesy of Mike’s Paddle, Alameda.
Online submission of digital images via the website. A maximum of five photos per entrant may be submitted.
Minor cleaning of images is permitted, including the removal of dust or scratches. Converting a color image to black and white is acceptable as long as the subject remains represented realistically. High Dynamic Range (HDR), panoramas, focus stacking, and other techniques involving multiple images taken at the same time and place are also allowed. However, adding, removing or relocating subjects in a scene is not allowed.