NYC4PA Call for Entry: “THE SAME BUT DIFFERENT”
The New York Center for Photographic Art is challenging photographers to pair 2 photographs and present them in diptych format (both images in one file). Not any 2 images; rather 2 that seem the same; but different enough to make each unique. They may be 2 versions of an image that you processed differently, or the same scene at different times of day. You might have two portraits of the same person with a feature or features that distinguish the 2 images. The possibilities are endless and the room for interpretation and creativity equally vast.
This call is a little different and one we hope you have fun with when selecting your submissions.
Using the diptych format, enter your pairs of images – two images that are THE SAME BUT DIFFERENT.
- Grand Prize: One photographer will receive $1500. The winning image will be featured on the home page of NYC4PA website.
- First Prizes: 3 photographers will receive $500.
- Second Prizes: 3 photographer will receive $400.
- Third Prizes: 3 photographers will receive $300.
- Jurors’ Selections: 20 additional images will be included in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Honorable Mention: 20additional images will be presented with a certificate of honorable mention, listed in the Online Gallery and the exhibition catalog.
Juror: Darren Ching
Image requirements: JPG, TIF or PNG format; no greater than 2MB in file size; the longest side MINIMUM of 1,280 pixels
To submit your digital photographs visit https://client.smarterentry.com/nyc4pa There is no limit to the number of images submitted.