The “World in Focus” Photography Contest
- RAVEL PORTRAITS – Photos of local residents at work, play and celebrating
- OUTDOOR SCENES – Landscapes, aerials, wildlife and waterscapes
- SENSE OF PLACE – Scenes in cities, towns and villages that convey a strong feeling of place
- SPONTANEOUS MOMENTS – Photos that capture fun, quirky, surprising, and unrehearsed moments
- PHOTO ESSAY – Up to six images that suggest a story around a particular travel theme
- One professional winner and one amateur winner will each receive:
- A one-week, hands-on photo workshop in Maine, courtesy of Maine Media Workshops!
- $250 certificate for Canson Infinity media
- Five professional winners and five amateur winners will each receive:
- Nikon DSLR camera
- 1-year PhotoServe portfolio
- 1-year subscription to PDN
- $100 B&H gift card
- $100 certificate for Canson Infinity media
- Select professional and amateur winners will be featured in the World in focus gallery exhibit at the pdn photoplus international conference + expo in New York October 27-29, 2011.
- All winning images will be featured on the World in Focus contest Web site and in the March 2012 issue of PDN
Image requirements: JPEG or TIFF format; at least 1,000 pixels on the long dimension at 72 to 300 dpi; sRGB, Adobe-1998, or not color-managed; up to 2 Mb in image file size.
A series of images may be entered for the ‘Photo Essay’ category.No limit in the number of entries. Winners will be selected on or about October 15, 2011. Online submission only via the website.
- creativity (34%)
- sense of place (33%)
- capturing the moment (33%)
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: worldinfocuscontest.com/index.shtml