The Rainforest Alliance’s Photo Contest 2011
Whether your vision of sustainability features scenic landscapes, flora and fauna or local culture and communities, the Rainforest Alliance invites you to submit photos that promote our mission of conserving the environment and ensuring sustainable livelihoods. Sponsored by Fujifilm, the Rainforest Alliance photo contest seeks to raise awareness about conservation issues while expanding the organization’s collection of photos for use in its publication and on its website
- Forests: boreal, tropical or temperate forests
- Water: rivers, streams and waterfalls; beaches; wetlands; coral reefs
- Wildlife: insects, birds, mammals, amphibians, reptiles or fish
- People and Planet: images that celebrate communities and culture; or that depict children and/or adults conserving natural resources, including water, flora and fauna; or that show children and/or adults engaging in environmental education
- Macro Imagery: close-up or macro images that reveal the splendor of the natural world
- The grand prize winner will receive a six-day, five-night eco-tour for two to Guatemala, including airfare from the lower 48 US states.
- Each category prize winner will be awarded one FUJIFILM FinePix HS20EXR camera, case and SD card and a one-year Rainforest Alliance membership at the $100 level.
Winners will be notified on or about December 7, 2011
Images of pets or domestic animals are not allowed. Only standard optimization (i.e. beyond removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) of your images is allowed.
- visual appeal and composition
- portrayal of the Rainforest Alliance’s mission
- originality and creativity
In order to enter you need to have an account at Flickr. Then you need to join this group: Rainforest Alliance Photo Contest 2011 group.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.rainforest-alliance.org/about/events/photo-contest-2011