Garden Visions 2010 Photography Contest
The purpose of the contest is to encourage amateur horticulture-related photography and to document the gardens, landscapes and outdoor living spaces gardeners are inspired by and care for.
- GARDENS AND LANDSCAPES
- FLOWERS AND FOLIAGE
- GARDEN ACCENTS & ODDITIES
- CRITTERS AND CREATURES
- FRUITS, VEGETABLES & PRODUCE
- First, Second and Third Prize: Ribbon & Certificate for each of the five categories.
- Best in Show: $25 Cash Award & Rosette Ribbon (one award, selected from all 1st prize winners and Certificate.
- Peoples Choice Award: $25 Cash Award, Rosette Ribbon and Certificate.
- Honorable Mention Certificates: Each category will have up to three honorable mention certificates awarded.
Number of Entries: Maximum of three entries per category per registrant. Registrants may enter in all five categories.
The criteria used in judging will be:
20 pts. Technical: Photo is in focus, has good exposure, accurate color, free from blemishes, etc.
20 pts. Impact: Photo is eye-catching, distinctive.
20 pts. Composition: Arrangement of elements is pleasing, and general elements of composition are followed.
20 pts. Continuity of Category / Theme and Title: Photo, Title and Category remain consistent to make a statement
20 pts. Originality & Creativity: The Photo exhibits an unusual way to view subject, use light, shadow, or different perspective.
Photograph Size & Presentation: Printed on photo paper, 8” X 10”, (minimum size) or larger, not including the border and not mounted. Photographs can be any color format & tone or black and white.
Official web site: http://www.gardenvisions.org/photocontest.html