The 8th Vevey International Photo Award
The 8th Vevey international competition, which takes place every two years, enables an innovative photography project to be realised.
- Grant of CHF 40,000 (around €30,000) for developing, realising and showing a project during the Festival Images in 2012.
- All Award entrants are automatically put forward for the other prizes such as: the Leica prize, the Broncolor prize and the Nestlé grant.
- Other prizes are possible, depending on the partnerships established by the Festival Images organisers at the time of the competition.
Application documents must be sent to the Festival Images by April 15th 2011 at the latest (the postmark will be taken as proof of
Grand prix international de photographie de Vevey
(Vevey International Photo Award)
C/O Société des Entrepôts de Vevey
Avenue Reller 1
CH -1800 Vevey, Switzerland
When registering online, please load three images, from the application documents along with their captions and copyright.
The application documents will set out the photographer’s creative approach, as well as the specific project, and must include the following
- 8 to 15 photographic prints from a completed or ongoing project. The maximum format is A3 (29.7 x 42 cm/11½ x 16½ inches):
- Prints must not be framed, glued or mounted;
- Prints must be of a high enough quality to give a good idea of the photographer’s style;
- All printing techniques (laser, inkjet, etc.) will be accepted;
- A single A4 page with the title and description of the project to be realised;
- A single A4 page with the entrant’s biography and/or CV.
- Additional documents (plans, sketches, map, etc.) may be submitted, if they are required to understand the project. A maximum of 3 additional documents will be accepted.
- The candidate’s name and address must be shown on the back of all the items included in the application.
- All texts must be typewritten, in French or in English.
- Incomplete applications or applications that do not comply with the rules shall not be accepted.
1- The photographer’s quality and ability, as estimated on the basis of completed work;
2- The interest of the suggested project and the feasibility of completing it within the budget and time allocated.
Official website: www.images.ch/2011/concours_photo.html