CONTRASTS International Women’s Call for Entry
Dark and light, fast and slow, young and old, urban and rural, soft and hard, funny and sad, real and artificial, smooth and craggy, solid and fluid, rich and poor, true and false, etc. There are as many examples of contrast as there are adjectives and adverbs in the English language. PWP invites women photographers from around the world to submit images they feel illustrate contrast in the world and in their photography.
- Best In Show: One photographer will receive $1000
- First Prize: One photographer will receive $600
- Second Prize: One photographer will receive $500
- Third Prize: One photographer will receive $400
- Jurors’ Selections: 30 additional images will be included in the SohoPhoto gallery and the online exhibition.
- Honorable Mention: 25 additional images will be included in the online exhibition.
Digital image files must meet the following specifications: 8 bit JPEG files (CMYK and 16 bits files will not be uploaded), the largest dimension should be 1280 pixels (width or height), resolution of 72 ppi, JPG compression quality of 7 or 8. Adobe RGB or SRGB profiles should be used. Only 2-D work is eligible, but experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. There is no limit to the number of images submitted.
Official website: www.pwponline.org/calls/individual.php?which=2010-12-02-1