The 2011 World Press Photo Contest
- Spot News
- General News
- People in the News
- Contemporary Issues
- Daily Life
- Arts and Entertainment
- Cash prize of EUR 10,000, as well as expenses to travel to Amsterdam for the Awards Days in April. The winner also receives one of Canon’s latest professional digital cameras.
- The Golden Eye Awards: In each category both the photographer of the best single picture and the photographer of the best picture-story/portfolio receive a Golden Eye Award and a cash prize of EUR 1,500, together with sponsorship of their trip to Amsterdam for the awards ceremony.
- Winners of second and third prizes and those receiving honorable mention receive a Golden Eye Award and a diploma.
Single images in all categories must have been taken in 2010. Stories/portfolios entered in the categories Spot News, General News and People in the News must have been taken in 2010. Stories/portfolios entered in the remaining categories must have been completed or first published in 2010. Stories/portfolios must contain no less than 2 and no more than 12 images. Stories/portfolios of more than 12 images will not be accepted. Only single-frame images will be accepted.
Digital images must meet the following specifications:
• Images must be at least 3,000 pixels in length.
• Each image must be saved as a separate JPEG with the highest quality setting.
• An embedded ICC profile is required. AdobeRGB or sRGB is recommended for color images, Gamma 2.2 for black and white. No CMYK.
The content of the image must not be altered. Only retouching which conforms to currently accepted standards in the industry is allowed.
Official website: submit.worldpressphoto.nl/Default.aspx