“Water & Cities” Photo Contest 2010
Theme: "Water and Cities"
The aim is to raise awareness on the many water facets in urban area. You are invited to submit a contribution capturing the essence of water and daily city life.
The photos in competition should tell a news story about water in cities from around the world. They should capture the essence of a critical moment linking water and daily city life. The photos can convey action or passiveness, success or failure, urgency or progress but should be centered around how urban life interacts with water.
- Water in urban life – Turn on your tap and the water flows… or not. Where does your water come from, which cycle does it follow from its source to our toilets, what happens with it once it’s flushed?
- Water and Climate Change – floods, droughts, pollution and scarcity are just some of the challenges millions of people experience in the face of climate change. What are their solutions or recurrent problems? What does climate change mean in small versus mega cities?
- Water for Health and Development – From the poorest and marginalised populations to leaders and experts developing solutions, what are the efforts to reach a universal access to water and sanitation?
- 1st Prize 1500 Euros
The first-prize winner will be invited to participate in an award ceremony during the Expo 2010 Shanghaï China (incl. flights and accommodation for 2 nights).
- 2nd Prize 1000 Euros
- 3rd Prize 500 Euros
- Special Shanghai Prize 1000 Euros
Best picture taken in Shanghai
- In addition, honourable mention will be given to 5 pictures.
A first selection will be made by the prize committee according to the compliance of the pictures with the theme and with requested format and quality.
- The impact of the picture
- The originality and aesthetics of the photography
- The technical excellence
Official Rules Entry form
Official web site: http://www.worldwatercouncil.org/index.php?id=contest2010