Wrexham Science Festival Photography Competition
You have the opportunity to showcase your photography and interpretation skills, provided by the Wrexham Science Festival.
- Earth and the Universe
- The Animal World
- Human Mind & Body
- Bright Sparks.
- Individual entries
o Age 11 and under
o Age 12 to 17
o Age 18+
- Group entry (2 or more people) – ideal for schools, community groups or photography groups to submit a portfolio.
- The prizes awarded to the winner of the age categories will be vouchers to the following values: Ages 11 and under: £20, Age 12 – 17: £40, Adults (18+): £60.
- The prize for the group category will be a Photography Masterclass with one of Glynd?r University’s photography lecturers.
- A special prize will be awarded to the winner of the ‘Best in Festival Audience Award’.
It is up to you which theme(s) you choose to represent and how many photographs you wish to enter. Judging criteria will include interpretation of the brief, composition and originality. Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not overly manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc., but not manipulate the content. There are no restrictions on the type of camera used. However entrants are recommended to use the highest possible quality setting on their cameras. If using a film camera, entrants should ensure that the image has been scanned into digital format (JPEG) before submission.
How to enter
- Photography Competition Entry Form (doc Format). Downloads as a Word document. Please complete and e-mail with your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images should be no larger than 5Mb in size. Images can be in colour or black and white. Entrants are recommended to use the highest possible quality setting on their camera.
- Each image submitted should be given a short title and a brief description. Please also make sure that you let us know when and where the photograph was taken.
Official web site: http://www.wrexhamsf.com/en/Competition/