The Scottish Nature Photography Awards 2010
- Scottish Wildlife Category
- Scottish Landscape Category
- Natural Abstract Category
- Environmental Category
- The overall winner will receive the glass award for category and overall winner and an exclusive one to one workshop day with award winning wildlife photographer and competition judge, Neil McIntyre. Plus 1 night’s stay for 2 people at the 4* Highlands Hotel. The overall winner will also win a £250 gift voucher for Calumet and Lowepro Rucksac
- Each of the 4 category winners will receive an individual engraved glass award, a 30" x 20" Giclée print of their winning image; 4 specially selected landscape and nature books and a gift bag containing, memory card, card reader, photo paper and cleaning kit
- 2nd place runners up in each category will receive a Prize Certificate and 3 specially selected landscape and nature books.
- 3rd place runners up in each category will receive a Prize Certificate and 2 specially selected landscape and nature books.
- Online – Once you have selected your categories and number of images and submitted your online entry, you’ll be sent a link with username and password to upload your images to the server via the upload area (link on top right of each page of the website). You can upload low resolution JPEG image files (maximum 800 pixels wide or high) to the server. If you are shortlisted, you’ll be asked to provide high resolution image files at A3 300dpi size for final judging. Please ensure that any image you enter is available at that size, should it be required.
- Post – All entries submitted by post must be clearly labelled. Your CD should have your name written on it along with your printed off entry form and payment. You can provide high resolution images on the CD or simply provide low resolution images, as long as you have the high resolution images if required (see above guide for online entry).
You can enter any, or all, of the 4 categories. Each category entry automatically includes 1 image entry. You can then enter up to a further 12 images, which you can enter into one category or spread over as many other categories as you have entered. You can upload low resolution JPEG image files (maximum 800 pixels wide or high) to the server for online entry. If you are shortlisted, you’ll be asked to provide high resolution image files at A3 300dpi size for final judging. This should be provided as a TIFF file. Please do not submit RAW files from your digital camera. Digital adjustments including minor cleaning work, levels, curves, colour, saturation and contrast work may be undertaken. This kind of work is comparable to what would be deemed as acceptable traditional photographic techniques. The aim is to achieve a true representation of the subject. Major retouching, alteration, montaging etc. will not be accepted. Images should be submitted in the Adobe 1998 RGB colour space.
Official web site: http://www.scottishnaturephotographyawards.com