The Photo of the Year 2009 Competition
This year we added a category called "Camera Phone" since everyone has a mobile phone and many have cameras on them. And as usual, the winner of the Top 100 category will be crowned Photo of the Year 2008.
- Top 100: Dramatic vistas, stunning flora and fauna, an artful picture of a door…you name it. Top 100 photos can be of just about anything (anything fit for family consumption, that is).
- Faces: Who can forget Goat Boy from POTY 2005? Let’s see your best up close and personal photos. Good luck beating Goat Boy’s cuteness, though.
- Camera Phone: These days, pretty much anyone with mobile phone in their pocket is armed with a camera. And some of those camera phones take respectable photos – ones you wouldn’t capture were it not for the quickdraw of the phone from your pocket.
- Youth: Any students out there with a strong attachment to your digital camera? This category is for photos taken by those 18 and under. Use that youthful imagination and make your mom proud.
- Professional: The Photo of the Year will still go to an amateur photographer, but this category will showcase work done by the professional photographers out there.
- The Photo of the Year 2009 winner will receive a $500 cash prize courtesy of Pro Photo Supply and Canon! Second and Third Place may receive some fancy outdoor gear.
- The 10 Top 100 Finalists and the winners of each of the four other categories will receive a framed print of their photo courtesy of Chrisman Picture Frames (a printing/framing value of $200).
- Last but not least, the winner of the Professional category will receive a cash prize of $200, courtesy of Imaging by Fox.
All photographs must be submitted in a digital form. Photos taken with 35 mm cameras may be digitized upon development or scanned. Please submit the highest resolution images possible. Photo CD’s cannot be returned. Photos taken with a digital camera must be submitted in JPEG format and be NO MORE THAN 5MB in size.
Only if you would like to submit to a specific category in addition to the Top 100. All photos, other than those submitted by professionals, will be entered into the Top 100 category. So, for example, if you have a great photo for the "Faces" category, select this option during the upload process. Your photo will then be considered for both the Top 100 category and the Faces category.
Official web site: http://www.photooftheyear.net/page.asp?pageid=1159243733