C4FAP “Elements of Water” Call for Entries
Theme: Elements of Water
Water is both physical and symbolic. Water can be a solid, liquid or gas. It covers 71% of the earth’s surface. Water fascinates us with the way it moves and transforms. It can be a destructive force and a life giving element. Without it we would not survive, but too much and our lives would be drastically altered. Elements of Water Will showcase how diverse water can truly be.
Exhibition and Awards: With selection for this exhibition, artists and their work will be seen by an international audience of collectors, curators, art consultants and others who appreciate the fine art of photography.
- Juror’s Selection Award: $300
- Director’s Selection Award: $200
- Artists’ ShowCase Online Awards: Two artists will receive a year subscriptions to Artists’ ShowCase Online, a $120 value
- Gallery Visitor’s Choice Award: $100
- All exhibitors are included in the Center’s online gallery
Entries are submitted via the Center’s on-line system. Log in to, Account Login, on the homepage to begin the process. Please follow these requirements when preparing your images for submission:
- Your images are viewed as RGB images using standard Adobe RGB 98 or SRGB profile. NOTE: CMYK files will not upload.
- The largest image dimension (width or height) should be 1280 pixels with the other dimension proportional.
- Save your images with a resolution 72 ppi, any layers flattened, 8 bit JPEG files (16 bit files will not upload.)
- Use JPG compression quality of 8. This compression level will not affect the quality of images viewed on a monitor.
- The image title can not be greater than 40 characters. (Image title is not the image file name)
- Image file names can not include any of the following characters or have more than 25 characters. Please do not include #,$,&, periods or other similar characters as part of the file name.
- There can only be a single period – just prior to the file format extension: filename.jpg
Official web site: http://www.c4fap.org/cfe/2009ElementsOfWater/index.asp