2009 River to Well Photo Competition
The 2009 River to Well Photo Competition will use 100% of the entry fees to build wells for villages that have no alternative to unsafe water and sanitation.
Winners will be selected for First, Second, and Third place for each division. A single Best in Show will also be selected for each of the three divisions. A River to Well Photo Competition Outdoor Exhibition will be held on the Lawrence ArtWalk weekend, October 10 -11, 2009 in Downtown Lawrence, KS in front of US Bank on 9th & Massachusetts street featuring all the winning photos. Details will be posted on www.rivertowell.com as
the event approaches. Prizes of valuable consideration (such as merchandise or gift certifcates) will be awarded to Best in Show selections and to other winning photographers according to the number of winners and availability of prizes.
- PEOPLE: Individuals or groups engaged in daily life, festivals, ceremonies, etc.
- PLACES: Landscape, architecture, monuments, etc.
- CULTURAL TRACES: Still life of utilitarian objects, icons, artifacts, etc. which are unique and/or intrinsic to a particular culture (**Must be taken OUTSIDE of the United States)
- FLORA & FAUNA: Plants and animals
- BLACK & WHITE/MONOCHROMATIC
All digital entries must be submitted online at www.rivertowell.com. Digital entries must be in JPEG format, no less than 250 dpi, and no greater than 5mb in size. If saved through Photoshop, the quality must be set to no less than 10. All physical entries submitted must be printed on high quality photo paper (including, but not limited to, inkjet, silver negative, and conventional color processing) and must not exceed a size and shape of 8 X 10 to the River to Well address listed below. Slides, transparencies, or any other media will not be accepted.
Official web site: http://www.rivertowell.com