Digital Image Cafe Photo of The Month
November 2007 theme is all about the Rule of Thirds.
The rule of thirds is a compositional rule of thumb in photography. The rule states that an image can be divided into nine equal parts by two equally-spaced horizontal lines and two equally-spaced vertical lines. The four points formed by the intersections of these lines can be used to align features in the photograph. Proponents of this technique claim that aligning a photograph with these points creates more tension, energy and interest in the photo than simply centering the feature would.
Upcoming Themes (order subject to change):
Sports & Games | Old | Selective Desaturation | Kitchen | Visual Puns | Shallow Depth of Field
- An image selected as a Photo of the Month may NOT be entered into any of our contests again, with the exception of an automatic entry into our Photo of the Quarter contest. All winning POTM images will always be available for viewing in our POTM archives.
- You must be a member in good standing at the time any prize is awarded.
- Prizes are awarded to all categories in our Photo of the Month contest. Certain partners have agreed to sponsor a particular category, while others leave it to our discretion. We will try and award prizes based on their value, with the more valuable prizes going to the top winners. Digital Image Cafe will not work out trades between members for prizes. Once the decision has been made and announced, it will be up to the member to negotiate a trade.
To enter you need to register for $25.00/yr
Rules are here.
There are other contests available:
- Photo of The Day
- “Appetizer” Photo of The Day
- Critique Section Photo of The Week