2017 Aperture Portfolio Prizes
- The first-prize winner will be published in Aperture magazine and will receive a $3,000 cash prize along with an exhibition at Aperture Gallery and Bookstore in New York.
- Additionally, the winner and up to four runners-up will be featured in an online gallery on aperture.org.
Announcement of winner – May 2017
- Is the work new, i.e., created in the past five years?
- Is a theme or topic carried throughout the portfolio in a fully resolved, consistent manner?
- Are each of the images individually strong?
- What technical and presentation choices has the photographer made, and are they appropriate for the work? For example, is there a clear reason for the work being in black and white versus a digitally enhanced palette?
- Does the body of work take an innovative or unique approach to the subject matter?
Online submission of digital photographs via the website. You need to enter from 10 to 15 photographs.
Image requirements: at least 1,500 pixels on the longest side and saved as a JPG file.