- Copyright: You grant to PhotoPlace Gallery non-exclusive use of selected images for the sole purposes of reproduction in the exhibit catalog and on PhotoPlace Gallery and social media websites.
- Entry fee: $39 for 5 images, $6 each additional
- Entry deadline: 11th December 2023
- Who can enter: Open to all photographers, worldwide.
In this exhibition, we explore the beauty and powerful expressive ability of monochrome photography. Any capture method and all processes, including black and white, alternative process and monochromatic toning, are welcome. The subject is completely up to you.
- 35 images for exhibition in the gallery (February 2 – 23, 2024)
- 40 for our Online Gallery.
- All 75 selected images will be reproduced in the exhibition print catalog and remain permanently on our website, with links to photographer’s URL.
Juror: Henry Horenstein
Image requirements: JPG/JPEG files only; approximately 2100 pixels (7 inches) on the longest side; 300 ppi (pixels per inch) resolution; a compression of 80% or higher, and sRGB color space is recommended, whether black and white or color.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS FOR YOU:
One great thing about shooting at sunset or in overcast weather is that the light doesn’t cast as harsh of shadows as it does in the middle of the day because it’s not directly overhead. Even so, be sure you position your clients strategically so that their faces aren’t directly in the sunlight. No matter how gorgeous someone is—we all have lines and blemishes and pores that the direct sunlight can underscore and make way more obvious. Instead, try to get the sunlight behind your subjects or off to the side, so that their faces aren’t blown out by the brightness.
Similar photography competitions: