- Copyright: You retain full ownership of the copyright in each entry. Any photograph used by The International Wedding Photographer of the Year Awards shall carry a credit line.
- Entry fee: From US$18 for 1 image
- Entry deadline: 28th September 2023
- Who can enter: Open to all photographers, worldwide.
- GRAND PRIZE – $1500 USD Cash
- GRAND PRIZE RUNNER UP – $500 USD Cash
- Category Winner: $100 USD Cash
Image requirements: RGB, 8-bit, 3500 Pixels on the longest side, saved as a jpeg at a setting 10 or higher. All entrants must be ready to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in media, if asked
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS FOR YOU:
Make a shot list. Creating a shot list that you can refer to throughout the ceremony will ensure that you capture the important shots, like the groom’s first look at the bride in her wedding dress, the bridal party preparing for the wedding, emotional family moments, the flower girl walking down the aisle, the cake-cutting ceremony, and the newlyweds’ first kiss. Be sure to ask your clients and their family for any specific shots they would like as well.
Be bold. You need to be in a prominent position to capture an intimate moment between the bride and groom on the dance floor. Find a space that gives you the best angle to snap your photos without being overly intrusive. Observe. You have to be attentive and watching at all times. Avoid distractions that may cause you to miss out on shooting a touching moment, like the couple’s first dance.
Capture different angles. There are many creative ways to capture a moment, outside of the classic poses featured in many wedding photos. Don’t settle for one shot. Taking multiple photos from different perspectives can result in memorable images.
Similar photography competitions: