- Copyright: Although entrants retain the copyright and other equivalent rights to their entries, the organizer retains the rights related to this competition.
- Entry fee: Free
- Entry deadline: 13th February 2023
- Who can enter: Open to all photographers, worldwide.
The theme is “Beloved”.
- Grand Prize: 500,000 yen + Z9 + NIKKOR Z lens
• Excellence Award (2 winners per category): Z 7II + NIKKOR Z lens
• Special Encouragement Award (4 winners per category): Z fc + NIKKOR Z lens
• General Public Award: Z 50 + NIKKOR Z lens
Contest results are scheduled to be announced on this website by July 2023.
Works that have won prizes in other contests or that have been submitted to other contests currently underway, including similar works, are not eligible. The limit for submitted works is 10 photos, including those forming photo stories, and 1 video. Entries can be submitted to multiple categories so long as the total number of entries is within this limit.
Image requirements: up to 20 MB in file size; JPEG format at 150 dpi recommended; sRGB.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS FOR YOU:
Not all camera body and lens combinations get it quite right when it comes to autofocus. You may sometimes find focus to be a little behind or in front of the subject on which you focus, particularly when using wide apertures, where depth of field can be very shallow.
Fortunately, Nikon's Fine-tune AF option can help. This is a feature that has been present on many recent enthusiast and professional bodies, and it works by applying a small bias of your choosing to a particular camera and lens combination in order to combat any inaccuracies.
The good thing about this feature is that it doesn't physically change anything inside the lens itself, so it's useful if you only find this to be an issue with one particular camera you use.
Once you've stored any adjustments for a particularly optic, your camera will also automatically recognise the lens whenever you mount it and will apply the correction without any further intervention. Of course, you may well not need to use this, but it's useful to know it's there if you do.
Similar photography competitions: