Sony World Photography Awards 2023
- Professional Photographer of the Year receives $25,000 (USD)
- Open Photographer of the Year receives $5,000 (USD)
- Professional – 10 categories, judged on a body of work
- Open – 10 categories, rewarding the best single images. Entries submitted to the Open competition are automatically entered into the National Awards based on nationality
- Youth – for all photographers aged 12-19, a single image responding to one brief
- Student Focus – for those studying photography
Categories: Architecture, Creative, Motion, Documentary, Object, Landscape, Natural World & Wildlife, Portraiture, Street, and Travel.
A shortlist of up to fifteen photographers from each category and category winners will be selected and announced prior to April 2023; the overall winner will be announced in April 2023.
Image requirements: no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be JPEG files; RGB colour profile.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website. Each Entrant can submit up to three images for free.