Frank Hurley Photography Awards 2020
- The Frank Hurley Prize – a single berth on a 10-day Discover Antarctica trip on the Ocean Endeavour valued at over AU$10,000
- Category Prizes will be awarded to the winner of each of the 5 categories, the prize includes: a feature-packed Fujifilm X100F Silver – X Series compact camera
- POLAR: Applies to two separate regions, one in the Northern Hemisphere and another in the Southern Hemisphere. In the Northern Hemisphere, ‘polar’ is defined as all those regions north of 66?33’ N (the Arctic Circle). In the Southern Hemisphere, ‘polar’ is defined as all the continent of Antarctica and the sub-Antarctic islands, including but not limited to Macquarie Island, South Georgia, the Heard Islands, the South Shetland, South Orkney and South Sandwich Islands. The photograph may be of any subject (including humans) in that environment.
- SCENIC: Deserts, mountains, rivers, lakes, natural formations, weather, sunsets, sunrises, cloud formations and astronomical photography.Photographs must not be multiple exposures or manipulated images.
- COMPOSITION: In the tradition of Frank Hurley, this category includes multiple exposures, montages and manipulated images that tell a story with drama and emotion. In any instances where images are composed of several elements and/or several photographs or exposures, all elements included within the image must be original works produced by the entrant.
- NATURE: Nature photography (including underwater photography), flora and fauna in any location world-wide. Judges will look for a unique perspective on wild places, large or small.
- PORTRAIT OF ADVENTURE: Images can be taken anywhere in the world but must contain at least one person. Images conveying adventure, exploration or discovery will be highly regarded.
Image requirements: JPG or JPEG format; Minimum file size: 1MB; Maximum file size: 5MB; All finalists will be required to re-submit the originals in RAW, JPEG or TIFF format at 300dpi. No watermarks.
Each entry must have been captured on or after 1 January, 2015.