Earth Photo Competition 2020
- Changing Forests
- A Climate of Change
- Winner of each category will receive £250 each
- The overall Earth Photo 2020 Winner and all the other prize winners will be announced during the exhibition at the Royal Geographical Society, London. One of the world’s finest collections of photography, artwork and mapping which records over 500 years of travel, people, place and geographical discovery from the 1480s to the present day.
At the first stage, entrants are asked to submit up to 10 still photographs or films and a completed entry form.
- Impact – does it illustrate immediate, subtle or resonant messages?
- Creativity – is it unusual, thoughtful, beautiful, subversive or ironic?
- Originality – is the subject treated differently and is the subject matter new?
- Composition – consider the perspective, balance, clarity of meaning and focus of statement
- Relevance – consider current environmental issues
- r clarity, focus, lighting, exposure and colour
Image requirements:JPEGs, saved at a high quality level, e.g. 10 in Adobe Photoshop, with a maximum file size of 1MB. If shortlisted, still photography entrants must be able to supply images as RAW files or original JPEGs.