NYC4PA Call for Entry: PATTERNS and SHADOWS
Theme: PATTERNS and SHADOWS
The city in the early morning or late afternoon presents an intensified visual as the buildings, the cars and even the pedestrians present with long deep shadows. Look more closely at the buildings at any time of day and note the patterns in architecture, windows, etc. This call is all about images where the visual impact stems from shadows or repetitive shapes/patterns. Opportunities are endless. Consider the pattern in rows of theater seats, late afternoon light on steps transforming it into repeated black and white stripes, your own shadow or that of an athlete sprinting in the park in the early hours.
- Grand Prize: One photographer will receive $750.
- First Prize: 3 photographers, one each will receive $300.
- Second Prize: 3 photographers, one each will receive $250.
- Third Prize: 3 photographers, one each will receive $200.
- All Cash Prize winner and Juror Selection images are eligible to be shown at an NYC4PA Exhibition.
Juror: Paula Tognarelli
Image requirements: JPG, TIF or PNG format; no greater than 2MB in file size; the longest side MINIMUM of 1,280 pixels
To submit your digital photographs visit https://client.smarterentry.com/nyc4pa There is no limit to the number of images submitted.