2018 Travel Photography Scholarship to Morocco
The winner will receive the following:
- Return economy airfare from the winner’s nearest international airport to Marrakesh, Morocco, courtesy of Airtreks (valued at approx. AU$2000)
- A 10-day mentorship with travel photographer and mentor Richard I’Anson in Morocco, courtesy of World Expeditions (valued at approx. AU$2000)
- All accommodation, local transport, activity and food costs, courtesy of World Expeditions (valued at approx. AU$3000)
- Cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations if necessary (valued at approx. AU$400).
- A copy of Lonely Planet’s Guide to Travel Photography by Richard I’Anson (valued at approx. AU$30)
- Osprey outdoor gear (valued at approx. AU$750)
- Travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads** (valued at approx. AU$200)
Total prize value of each is approximately $8,380 AUD as at 31 August 2018.
Enter up to 5 images for your photo essay and tell us in 1,500 characters or less, what winning this photography scholarship would mean to you and why you are the best person for the assignment. You can only submit one application.
The scholarship recipient, along with the shortlist of the best photo essays, will be published on the World Nomads website on November 27, 2018.
Your photo story should:
- Feature an original subject and your original perspective
- Convey a compelling and cohesive story
- Showcase your excellent technique and creative composition
- Be supported by complementary, thoughtful captions
Image requirements: 72 ppi/dpi and a maximum pixel length of 940 pixels of the longest length of the image. The file size of each photo must not exceed 1MB.