Wildbird Photo Competition 2018
- Bird portrait : The subject can be photographed in close-up or whole, but the photo must transmit an emotion through the pose, look, expression… The topic should occupy most of the image.
- Bird in its environment : The photographs submitted in this category must describe the close relationship between the bird and its natural environment, include it in its familiar landscape, which is the most important part of the picture.
- Bird in action: The jury will appreciate dynamism and energy of the photo.
- Artistic vision of bird: The creativity of the photographer, in shooting or post processing, must transform the mundane into a contemplative and artistic interpretation and offer a new perspective on the bird.
- Bunch of birds : Large swarm of birds in flight or on the ground
- A Grand Prix to the overall winner awarded with an amount of €1,500
- A 1st Prize in each category awarded with an amount of €800
- A 1st Prize for the category «Young Photographers» awarded with material endowments.
- A Public Prize awarded to the picture which has totalized the more votes from the visitors of the exhibition, endowed by the Festival’s partners.
Pictures of domesticated, trained or captive wild animals or pets are prohibited. Each participant may submit a maximum of 10 photographs (the miniseries category counting as a single photograph). Photographers aged 15 to 17 years may submit up to 5 photos. No registration fees for this category.
Image requirements: JPEG format; 3:2 ratio; free of margin, frame or signature; exactly 3,500 pixels on its longest side (the shortest side should be of about 2,333 pixels). Except for the «Artistic vision» category, we will only accept images with limited alterations to the overall improvement (localized editing, tone adjustment, contrast, noise reduction, minor cleanups…). Maximum trimming allowed: 20%.