Earth Photo Competition
Earth Photo will award a range of prizes including opportunities with the Forestry Commission England, Discovery Passes, editorial feature and inclusion in the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) Picture Library. Prizes will also be awarded to a Next Generation Award and a Short Film Award.
The Earth Photo exhibition will be a free exhibition presented to audiences at the Royal Geographical Society, London from July to September 2018 and on a national tour to Forestry Commission England forests including at Bedgebury National Pinetum and Forest in Kent, Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire and Grizedale Forest in the heart of the Lake District, Cumbria.
Entrants are invited to submit up to 10 still photographs or films.
- Impact – does it illustrate immediate, subtle or resonant messages?
- Creativity – is it unusual, thoughtful, beautiful, subversive or ironic?
- Originality – is the subject treated differently and is the subject matter new?
- Composition – consider the perspective, balance, clarity of meaning and focus of statement
- Relevance – consider current environmental issues
- r clarity, focus, lighting, exposure and colour
Image requirements:JPEGs, saved at a high quality level, e.g. 10 in Adobe Photoshop, with a maximum file size of 1MB. If shortlisted, still photography entrants must be able to supply images as RAW files or original JPEGs.