SPIE Day of Light Photo Contest
- 1st Prize: US $2,500
- 2nd Prize: US $1,000
- 3rd Prize: US $500
Theme: A World of Light: The Vital Role That Light and Light-Based Technologies Play in Daily Life.
Examples of content include, but is not exclusive to, artistic images that depict:
• Various properties of light and how it interacts with the atmosphere and materials
• Light technology
• Images created with light technology such as telescopes and microscopes
• People interacting with light and/or light technology
Winners will be announced 30 October 2017.
Image requirements: 300 dpi or more and at least 3,000 pixels on the longest side; from 5MB to 20MB in file size; TIF and JPEG/JPG format. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
1. Content: Appropriateness and coverage of content in relation to the theme.
2. Scientific interest: Overall effectiveness in engaging and communicating the contest theme to
3. Creativity/artistry: Innovation and creativity in the concept.
4. Execution: Execution of photography techniques used to enhance the quality and content of
5. Overall appeal for the International Day of Light.