The Pollux Awards 2017
- SELF PORTRAITS
- PEOPLE (includes Culture and Daily Life)
- EDITORIAL AND DOCUMENTARY
- LANDSCAPES (includes Urban and rural landscape, as well as Seascapes)
- STREET PHOTOGRAPHY
- NUDE AND FIGURE
- FINE ART
- STILL LIFE AND ABSTRACTIONS
- ARCHITECTURE AND BRIDGES
- FASHION AND ADVERTISING
- WILD LIFE
- ALTERNATIVE PROCESSES (Includes Digital Manipulation, Collage)
- CELL PHONE PHOTOGRAPHY (theme is open; image has to be originally taken with a cell phone; editing and processing is allowed)
- OPEN THEME
- Ten Photographers will be selected as Recipients of the Pollux Awards and invited to exhibit their work in London on Q2 2018.
- Among the 10 photographers recipients of the 10th Pollux Awards, one will be selected as the Grand Prize of the Pollux Awards,and will be invited to exhibit and attend the 5th edition of the Biennial of Fine Art and Documentary Photography to be held in Prague on September-October 2018. The Gala Awards will pay for her/his round trip couch ticket to Prague, and $1,000 for lodging expenses.
Image requirements: 8 bit JPEG files; The maximum largest dimension should be minimum 1200 pixels, maximum 1800 pixels; resolution of 72 dpi; JPG quality of 7 or 8.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website. Enter series composed of 3 to 5 images. A Series is a cohesive body of work, or a story teller, or individual images representing the work or trajectory of the artist, or individual current images, or excerpts of an ongoing project.