2nd Open Call Juried Photography Exhibition
Peter Miller Fine Art (PMFA) photography gallery seeks a broad range of exhibition-ready work from established and emerging photographers for its 2nd Open Call juried show, October 15 through November 14, 2015, juried by Paula Tognarelli, Executive Director and Curator of the Griffin Museum of Photography.
- Best of show $500
- 2nd place $200
- 3rd place $100
- People’s choice prize $200 determined by online poll conducted during the exhibit.
- Prizes are awarded as gift cards from Hunts Photo & Video
Notice of acceptance: October 1 , 2015
Image requirement: JPG, highest quality, sRGB color space, 1920 pixels on the longest side, and file size less than 5 megabytes.
If accepted, artwork must be photography-based and must be 40 inches or less in either height or width (including the frame). For example, a 40 x 60 inch piece is not eligible, but a 40 x 30 inch piece is eligible.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website. Limit of 6 entries per person.
Juror’s Review Criteria in Order of Importance:
- Does the image communicate the artist’s unique vision? Tell a story? Express emotion? Interact with the viewer?
- Does the subject matter (content, composition, and quality of light) stand out? Show me something I haven’t seen before?
- Did the artist exhibit technical control in image capture and post-processing?
- Was the quality of the artist’s work consistent across all submissions?
- Is the printing and framing of the photograph high quality?
- Was the work created within the last 3 years?
- Did the artist follow the submission guidelines?