Black+White Photographer of the Year 2015
- People (from portraits to street photography)
- Natural World (landscapes, seascapes and wildlife)
- Documentary (reportage, documentary, photojournalism)
- Black+White at its Best (all other styles – including architecture, still life, sport and experimental work)
- Emerging Talent (any style by photographers aged 25 or under)
- The overall winner will receive the new Leica M Monochrom plus a 50mm Leica lens and the title Black+White Photographer of the Year 2015.
- Winners of each of the categories – People / The Natural World / Documentary / B+W at its Best / Emerging Talent – will each win £200 in cash and a £100 voucher from theprintspace. Runners-up in each of the categories win a £100 voucher from theprintspace.
- the winning pictures will be exhibited at the Leica Studios and then at theprintspace in London.
Image requirements: Jpeg format with a compression quality of between 8 and 10 (between 75 and 85 when using Adobe Lightroom). The image should be sized between 1500 pixels and 2100 pixels on its longest side. Image manipulation on computer or in the darkroom is allowed. The judges will be looking for a sophisticated and gentle approach to image editing, so avoid overdoing any particular image adjustment unless it clearly adds to the interpretation of the photograph.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.