“Photos for Hope” Competition
During the current difficult times worldwide – economic hardship, xenophobia, escalating terror attacks, wars displacing millions, human trafficking and environmental challenges – we all need to contribute to a better future.
Photography has always been an important way of expression, comment and change. What does the current world in turmoil tell us? Where to from here? Is there hope? How do we get to a better future? Let your photos show the way.
- Primary School (13 years and younger)
- High School (13-18 years)
- Students and young people (18-25 years)
- Open category for Adult Amateur (categories 1 – 3 may also enter here)
- Professional (full time income from photography)
- International (any entry outside RSA)
- The winners in each category (single photo and portfolio each separately) will share the R20 000 prize fund as follows: 1. R500 2. R1000 3. R1 500. 4. R2 000 5. R5 000.
- An exhibition of winners and selected entries will be held in Pretoria at the gallery of the highly esteemed Pretoria Art Association.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website. Participants may enter either a single photo or a themed portfolio of 3 to 5 photos or both. There is no limit to the amount of entries, but every entry is subject to the full entry fee for that category and there is no discounts.
Image requirements: not smaller than 500kb or larger than 3MB; JPEG format. Participants will have to supply a high resolution suitable for printing if asked of them for the prize winner’s exhibition.