IREX Make a Better World Photo Contest
Theme: "Make a Better World"
- Strengthening Democracy & Governance – Photos should explore how citizens mobilize to increase civic engagement, encourage a strong civil society, and address issues related to good governance, conflict, gender, etc.
- Youth Leading Change – Photos should explore how youth influence and transform their communities to create lasting change as leaders, entrepreneurs, educators, and advocates of peace.
- Expanding Opportunities Through Technology – Photos should explore how technology helps citizens gain access to news, information, and education, while increasing livelihood and economic development.
- Grand Prize ($500)
- Best of Category ($250, threetotal)
- The People’s Choice will be decided by IREX’s fans on Facebook
Winners will be announced no later than August 15, 2014.
Entries are limited to 5 photos per person. Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
Image requirements: jpg or png format saved the highest resolution possible; up to 10 megabytes in file size. Minor adjustments, including spotting, dodging and burning, contrast and slight color adjustment or the digital equivalents, are acceptable.
Judging criteria: Relevance to theme 50%; Photographic quality 25%; Creativity 25%