2023 World Press Photo Contest
- Every regional winner of the contest receives:
- A monetary prize of €1,000
- Global winners
A global jury selects the four global winners: the World Press Photo of the Year, the World Press Photo Story of the Year, the World Press Photo Long-Term Project Award, and the World Press Photo Open Format Award. The global winners will be chosen from the regional winners in their respective categories.In addition to their regional prizes, global winners will also receive an additional monetary prize of €5,000
- Long-Term Projects
- Open Format
Image requirements: jpg format with high quality; An embedded ICC profile is required. Adobe RGB or sRGB is recommended for color images, Gamma 2.2 for black and white. No CMYK.
- Visual quality: this can include creativity, technical skill and visual style, and the edit of the story (where relevant)
- Story: this refers to the story and/or issues covered in the photographs, its relevance or significance, and the way in which the photographer has chosen to approach the story
- Representation: this refers to the importance of awarding a diverse range of stories and photographers
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.