NME Photography Awards 2013
Whether its Arctic Monkeys first ever gig in the murky back room of a Sheffield pub of the moment Mick Jagger swaggers onstage for The Rolling Stones’ first every Glastonbury performance, the winners of the NME Photography Awards with Nikon know that great rock photography can plant an image in people’s minds that will stay with them for a lifetime.
- Live: Photographs of bands performing.
- Portrait: A posed photograph.
- Documentary: An un-staged photograph that tells a story.
- Festivals: Pictures taken at live music events. Shots can be un-staged or posed.
- Under 18: All types of photographs are accepted. Proof of age may be requested.
- Professional: For working photographers. A themed portfolio of five images must be submitted.
- Winners in all amateur categories will win a Nikon 1 J3 camera with 10-30mm lens kit worth. £579.99 (RRP).
- Each of these winners will also be put forward for the Grand Prix to win an extra £500 of Nikon kit at RRP value.
- The winner of the Readers’ Choice award will win an extra £250 of Nikon kit at RRP value.
- Further to this each winner in the amateur categories will be invited to the NME offices to meet NME’s picture editor and and NME photographer for a professional consultation on their portfolio. Two of the winners will then be invited to shoot a gig for us.
- The winner in the professional photographer of the year category will win a Nikon D600 camera and 24-85mm lens worth £2475.98.
Winners will be contacted by email by 7th October 2013
You can upload a maximum of 5 photos. Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
Image requirements: JPG format; 400kB, not exceeding 700 x 700 pixels and 72 dpi. Images submitted must have been taken in the last 12 months.