Nurture Forests for the Future Photo Contest
The contest will harness photo talent from around the world in order to illustrate and convey the many linkages between REDD+ and Food.
Theme: Nurture forests for the future -Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) for Food Security.
The image should depict one or more of the following activities:
- Farmers producing more on less land using agro-ecosystems and thus avoiding clearance of new forest
- Good agricultural practices: such as agroforestry, alley cropping, agrosilvipastoral, inter cropping of trees and crops, trees produced on farms, tree apiculture, trees on pasture, etc
- Protected areas, forest reserves, conservation
- Forest dependant people in forest ecosystems, especially women and indigenous peoples
- Trees as suppliers of fruits, edible leaves, nuts, medicine, etc
- Livelihoods diversification and good land management.
A shortlist of the best 25 photos submitted to the contest will be selected to be presented during an exhibit at the International Conference on Forests for Food Security and Nutrition 13-15 May 2013 to be held at FAO headquarters in Rome, Italy. The selected photos will also be used for future communications material (printed information material, dissemination of information through social media and website with information on REDD+ topics, etc).
- a photo mission with FAO
- a opportunity to show his or her work on the National Geographic Italy website.
You can submit a maximum of 6 photos in total. Online submission of digital photographs via the website. Only the winner will be notified by e-mail on 6 May 2013.
Image requirements: minimum size: 1000 px | 72 dpi; maximum size: 5000 x 5000 px; maximum file size: 5 MB
- Clear relationship and relevance of the subject of the photo to between the photo and the theme of the contest “Nurture forests for the future – REDD+ for FOOD”
- Originality, creativity, clarity and overall impact
- Good composition, focus of photo, aesthetics and technical excellence.