Liminganlahti Bird Photo Competition 2013
Categories and prizes:
- Wetland birds. Submit beautifully realised images of a bird or birds in their wetland habitat.
- A photography weekend at Liminganlahti: two days of photography at a bird hide, including training, a guide, and a two-night stay, with meals, at the Liminka Bay Visitor Centre (value 570€, provided by the Liminka Bay Visitor Centre and Finnature Oy).
- An eagle photography weekend at Utajärvi: two days of photography at a bird hide, including training, a guide, and a two-night stay, with meals, at Merilä manor (value 570€, provided by Finnature Oy)
- Birds in motion. Submit images of birds actively doing something; for example, in flight, landing, taking off, competing, or eating.
- A Nikon D5100 digital camera +18-105mm lens (value 549€, donated by Nikon Finland)
- A night at a ‘wolverine hide’ in Lieksa (value 180€, offered by Eräeero)
- Enchanting birds. Submit enchanting and aesthetically pleasing bird images. Particular attention will be paid to the composition and expressiveness of the image.
- A Canon Powershot S100 digital camera (value 399€, donated by Canon Finland)
- A night at a ‘bear hide’ at the Boreal Wildlife Centre in Viiksimo (value 180€)
- Young people under 18 years of age. Images of any topic concerning birds can be submitted to the young people’s category; please nonetheless follow the competition rules.
- A check for the sum of 500€, donated by the municipality of Liminka
- Attendance at a photography workshop in Kuusamo (value 500€, arranged by Kuusamo Birds (Kuusamon Lintumatkailu Oy))
Adult attendees can take part in 3 categories and submit a maximum of 3 photos for each category. Photographers under 18 years of age can take part for free in their own category. Images entered should be of wild birds photographed in the wild.
Image requirements: the longest side of a landscape image should be 1400 pixels; the longest side of a portrait image should be 1050 pixels), high-quality JPG images with a maximum size of 1MB. The judges will ask for the original JPG or RAW files of any images awarded a prize in the competition. The cropping of images; the removal of any dirt from the sensor; and so-called ‘normal,’ necessary adjustments such as changes to white balance, levels, colour saturation, sharpening, contrast, and brightness, and noise reduction are allowed.