Gardens in Focus Photography Competition
Submit photos that were taken in any botanic garden.
- Plant Portraiture (Amateur)
- Plant Portraiture (Professional)
- Garden Views (Amateur)
- Garden Views (Professional)
- Garden Creatures (Amateur)
- Garden Creatures (Professional)
- People in Botanic Gardens (Amateur)
- People in Botanic Gardens (Professional)
- International Botanic Gardens (Open to all photographers in any botanic garden)
- Creative Visions (Open to all photographers in any botanic garden)
Categories 1 to 8 – for photographs taken in a botanic garden in Australia or New Zealand
Prizes and exhibitions:
- Grand First Prize – $5,000 cash
- Second prize – $2,000 in cash
- Third prize – $1,000 in cash
- Fourth prize – $300 in cash
- People’s Choice prize – $200 in cash
- Category prizes – $150 each category
- Finalist will be exhibited in print or digital format at Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney, in June 2013.
- Winning photo will be exhibited as part of the International Garden Photographer of the Year exhibition in the UK
Image requirements: dimensions approx. 1,000px wide, portrait or landscape; file size from 500 Kb to approx. 1Mb
Online submission of digital photographs via the website. High resolution images to be presented if selected. There is no limit to how many times you may enter as long as one entry means one image and one entry fee. For photographs entered into Category 10, digital manipulation is encouraged in producing a creative interpretation of anything in a Botanical Garden. No composite images are allowed.
- Technical ability including appropriate focal precision and exposure, control of camera shake, white balance and image resolution.
- Creative vision including composition and graphic quality, use of colour or tones and the degree of originality in the interpretation of the scene.
- Images with depth and feeling that tell a story