World Veterinary Year 2011 Photo Competition
Theme: “Vets in your daily life”
- The five winners will win €1000 of photographic equipment. One winner for each of the five regions Africa, Europe, Asia & Pacific, Americas and the Middle East will be chosen from all eligible submissions.
- The overall winner (picked from the five) to be announced at the 79th OIE General Session on Sunday 22 May 2011 in Paris, France, will win an additional €2000 of photographic equipment.
- Part of the prize for the 5 winners will be travel to and from both Brussels and Paris, and also accommodation while there.
Try to catch the viewers’ attention and interest and ideally show veterinarians and their work from an unusual perspective. Your photos should emphasise that vets play an important role in our society.
The photos can be in full colour, sepia or in black and white and taken with a film or digital camera. Editing is allowed in colour or composition – montage, collage, retouching, etc. Re-sharpening and correction of the tonal value is also permitted.
Submit your images as JPEG or TIF format in high resolution (at least 5 mega pixels/2480×3508 pixel or up to 7016×9933 pixel/59.4×84.1cm in 300dpi – no extrapolation). When compressing the picture into JPEG, choose a high resolution (at least 10 in Adobe Photoshop).
Entries must have a title and can include a short explanation consisting of a maximum of 150 characters. You can enter up to 3 photos.
- the relevance of the image to the subject/theme,
- the originality of expression,
- aesthetic appeal
Official website: www.vetsinyourdailylife.org/en/competition.html