CIWEM’s Environmental Photographer of the Year 2011
Submit entries that are contemporary, creative, resonant, challenging, original and beautiful. But most of all, we want your pictures to inspire people around the world to start taking care of our environment.
- The Natural World
- The Underwater World
- Mott MacDonald’s Changing Climates
- Quality of Life
- A View From the Western World
- Building Our Future
- Young Environmental Photographer of the Year – Under 16
- Young Environmental Photographer of the Year – Under 21
- The winning entries share a prize fund of £5,000.
- Impact – does it illustrate immediate, subtle or resonant messages?
- Creativity – is it unusual, thoughtful, beautiful, subversive or ironic?
- Originality – is the subject treated differently and is the subject matter new?
- Composition – consider the perspective, balance, clarity of meaning and focus of statement
- Technical Quality – consider clarity, focus, lighting, exposure and colour
You may enter up to 7 photographs. Photo entries should be jpegs over 2MB. Your image must be of good enough resolution that it can be printed at the minimum size of approximately A3 (or the equivalent ratio of your image), meaning we require an image to be at 300dpi. Images may be digitally enhanced for creative effect, but you must not add or remove significant elements of the image.
Official website: www.ciwem.org/competition-and-awards/environmental-photographer/