UNFCCC/CDM Photo Contest 2010
This Contest is intended to raise awareness about the Kyoto Protocol’s clean development mechanism. Enter striking images that showcase CDM projects or their related benefits. Whether it’s a photo highlighting a climate-friendly project or related benefits in health, sanitation, infrastructure development, rural electrification or some other area, we want to see your vision of this remarkable mechanism.
Theme: “Clean Development Mechanism Changing Lives”
- Global exposure and recognition.
- The winning works will be displayed at the UNFCCC Climate Change Conference in Cancun in December 2010
All submissions must be associated with a registered CDM project. Check the CDM interactive map to find a registered one near you or search for a registered project using the CDM website’s project project search facility
Each photographer may submit up to three photos.
- Creativity and originality
- Composition (technical excellence and quality)
- Artistic merit (wow factor)
- Content and persuasiveness in telling the story of the CDM on the theme “Changing Lives”.
Submissions must be:
- In JPEG (.jpg or .jpeg) digital format
- At least 2,500 pixels wide (horizontal image) or at least 2,500 pixels tall (vertical image)
- Saved at 300 pixels/inch resolution
- High-quality scans of non-digital photographs are acceptable
- Digital files can be saved as 8 bit RGB with the JPEG image compression option set at quality level 8 (80%) or higher
- Digital photographs should be shot at the highest resolution possible
- Each submitted image should not be more than 10 MBs in size
Note that the top 50 finalists may be asked to re-submit a higher resolution file or an 8×10 professional photographic print for further promotional purposes
link to upload your photos.
Official website: cdm.unfccc.int/contest