Nikon Photo Contest International 2010-2011
Established in 1969, the Nikon Photo Contest International is one of the world’s most prestigious international photographic contests.It aims to provide an opportunity for photographers around the world to communicate and to enrich photographic culture for professionals and amateurs alike.
Photography is a universal language. Its timeless power transcends nationality, ethnicity and culture by communicating directly to the emotional core we all share. Without words, photographs speak to us all. That’s what makes photography so special and so important.
- Free subject: Works that convey your unique perspective and creativity.
- Energy: Works that capture the energy of sights and subjects that inspire, motivate or excite you or viewers.
With these categories, we look forward to receiving expressive images from around the world that are true to people’s emotions.
- Grand Prize – Nikon D3S digital-SLR camera, AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED, AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED; Winning photo to be included in the Mini Gallery on the Nikon Photo Contest International 2010-2011 website
- First place – 1 from each category (2 all together) – Nikon D300S digital-SLR camera; SB-900 Speedlight; AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II; AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR;
- Second place – 5 from each category (10 all together) – Nikon D5000 digital-SLR camera; AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR
- Third place – 10 from each category (20 all together) – Nikon D3000 digital-SLR camera; AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
- Emerging Talent Award – 4 all together, regardless of category – Nikon COOLPIX P6000 digital camera; Photos to be included in the Mini Gallery on the Nikon Photo Contest International 2010-2011 website
- Emerging Talent Award runners up – 16 all together, regardless of category – Nikon COOLPIX S1000pj digital camera; Photos to be included in the Mini Gallery on the Nikon Photo Contest International 2010-2011 website
One person can submit up to 2 JPEG images for each category (a total of 4 images). You need to fill out the online entry form.
Accepted JPEG images are graphic files taken with digital still cameras (not including medium or large format digital cameras) and scanned data of photographs taken with 35mm film cameras or Advanced Photo System (APS) film cameras. Images that have been digitally edited with software are also accepted. Both color and black-and-white images are accepted.
Maximum size per JPEG image: 10MB (within 2,048 x 1,536 pixels or 1,536 x 2,048 pixels) If the image is larger than the size mentioned above, please compress the file to a maximum of 10MB before submitting. File Format: JPEG only.
Official website: www.nikon-npci.com