Call for Entries: Black & White Photography
What does "black and white" mean to contemporary photographers in the digital age? Are the implications and meanings of black and white still central to photography’s unique nature as a visual medium?
Portraits, fashion, editorial, landscapes, documentary, conceptual – all of these genres, and others not named, are open for consideration. Prints should take whatever form they need to in order to represent the continuum of tones, including gray tone, warm tone, cool tone, sepia, or other monochromes that comprise your photographs.
- First place Award: $300;
- Second place Award: $200;
- Third place Award: $100;
- Selected images will hang in the Mpls Photo Center galleries along with photographers from throughout the world. All exhibitors are included in the Mpls Photo Center’s online gallery.
Follow this link to submit your work: Mpls Photo Center Smart Entry System All entries are submitted via our on-line system.
To prepare your images for uploading, please adhere to the following image file specifications:
- sRGB or RGB color space (standard) – NOT CMYK (typically used by printing industry)
- save files to 72 ppi resolution; any layers flattened, 8 bit JPEG files (16 bit will not upload.)
- sized to 1,280 pixels on the longest side, the other size width or height proportional
- JPG format, compression at level 7 (medium). This compression level will not affect the quality of images viewed on a monitor.
- Use period preceding jpg in the file name. The following characters will lead to image uploading problems: [email protected]#$%^&*()_+
Official website: http://www.mplsphotocenter.com/exhibits/exhibit-competitions.php