The RHS Photographic Competition 2010
Whether you’re a budding photographer, garden enthusiast or just someone who likes taking snap shots of the outdoors, there is a category and prize waiting for you.
From a close-up detail of a leaf to a sweeping panoramic garden view, from people working in their gardens to the wildlife living in them, we want to celebrate the diversity of gardens through photography.
- Garden Plants Study
- The Seasonal Garden
- Garden Wildlife
- Gardening and Gardeners
- Fruit and Veg
- Young Photographer (under 18)
Up to five photos can be entered on anything from the above subjects.
- Children’s Photograph (under 11)
Up to five photos can be entered on anything that interests you in your garden from a frog in a pond to super tall sunflowers.
- RHS Photographer of the Year: £1,000
- RHS Young Photographer of the Year: Digital camera
- First prize £350
- Second prize £200
- Third prize £100
Children and Young Photographers (under 18)
- First: Digital camera
- Second: Photographic vouchers
- Third: Photographic vouchers
- The Medici Cards Award Image made into a greeting card and the winner will receive 200 copies of their card to keep.
Amateur and professional entries will not be judged separately. No prints will be returned after the competition. Please ensure you keep a copy of the photograph for your own records.
Only prints may be submitted. Digital images may be submitted as prints. Prints should be no larger than A4 in size. Black and white and colour images are allowed. Entries by email are not acceptable.
Official web site: www.rhs.org.uk/competitions/photo-competition