C4FAP “Documentary” Call for Entries
Theme: Documentary photography has the power to tell stories untold, create social change, awaken emotions, and show the intimate and unseen. This exhibition will feature the artistic viewpoint of the documentary photographer.
Exhibition and Awards:
With selection for this exhibition, artists and their work will be seen by an international audience of collectors, curators, art consultants and others who appreciate the fine art of photography.
- Juror’s Selection award: $300
- Director’s Selection award: $200
- Gallery Visitor’s Choice Award: $100
- Two Artists’ ShowCase Online subscriptions for one year
- All exhibitors are included in the Center’s online gallery
Entries are submitted via the Center’s on-line system. Click on Call for Entries on the homepage to begin the process.
All work will be eligible for sale. Artists will state the retail sale price of their works. The Center retains a 40% commission.
Preparing Images to Upload Online:
Please follow these requirements when preparing your images for submission:
- Your images are viewed as RGB images using standard Adobe RGB 98 or SRGB profile.NOTE: CMYK files will not upload.
- The largest image dimension (width or height) should be 1280 pixels with the other dimension proportional.
- Save your images with a resolution 72 ppi, any layers flattened, 8 bit JPEG files (16 bit files will not upload.)
- Use JPG compression quality of 8. This compression level will not affect the quality of images viewed on a monitor.
- The image title can not be greater than 40 characters. (Image title is not the image file name)
- Image file names can not include any of the following characters or have more than 25 characters. Please do not include #,$,&, periods or other similar characters as part of the file name.
- There can only be a single period – just prior to the file format extension: filename.jpg
Official web site: c4fap.org/cfe/2009Documentary/documentary.asp