The FOTOBAMAWEEK Photography Contest
Take that amazing image during Inauguration week, or find one you have already shot that captures the spirit of the Presidential Campaign, and the Election. Amateur and professional photographers anywhere in the world are invited to enter the fotobamaweek contest. You may not have a front row seat to the Swearing-In Ceremony, but what about that impromptu moment captured at a campaign rally, or election night at your own private party? Iconic impressions are yours for the taking, wherever you are, here in Washington or abroad. Enter photos taken with digital, film or even cell phone cameras, but please submit them electronically.
The Professional and Amateur entry categories are:
- Presidential Campaign and Election from January 1, 2007 through January 14, 2009. Images taken can be of anyone or place capturing the spirit of the campaign trail, public rallies, community or private events and the election night. Images must be unpublished.
- The Inauguration Week from January 15 through January 21, 2009. Images taken can be of anyone or place capturing the spirit of the week of Inauguration, including the Official Inauguration activities in Washington DC, events anywhere in the US or any place in the world. Images must be unpublished.
The following prizes will be awarded in each of the following entry categories:
a). Professional: Presidential Campaign and Election
b). Professional: Inauguration Week
c). Amateur: Presidential Campaign and Election
d). Amateur: Inauguration Week
FIRST PLACE CATEGORY AWARD: One (1): $750.00 award.
SECOND PLACE CATEGORY AWARD: One (1): $250.00 award.
BEST IN SHOW: One Best in Show Award will be given to the image that best captures the spirit of the Inauguration or the Presidential Campaign and Election. The Best in Show winner will be awarded $1,000.00.
Total value of awards: $5,000.00.
The top 100 winning images, selected by The Newseum’s panel of judges, will be exhibited at The Newseum, located on historic Pennsylvania Avenue between the U.S. Capitol and the White House. In addition, the 100 winning images will be published in a limited edition book sponsored by FotoWeek DC, and grand prize winners will be announced at a reception at The Newseum. All images submitted will be on display at FotoWeekDC’s on-line gallery, along with People’s Choice winners.
- The Professional Class: open to all professional photographers. A professional photographer is a photographer, who derives at least fifty (50%) of his/her income from photography-based work.
- The Amateur Class: an Amateur photographer is a photographer, who does not derive fifty percent (50%) of his/her income from photography-based work. This class is open to individuals of any age.
- creative vision (34%)
- originality (33%)
- technical competence as appropriate to the category (33%)
Each Entry consists of an entry form, a single image and the appropriate entry fee. The entrant may enter as many images as he or she would like.
All entries must be submitted electronically, at the official website:
www.fotoweekdc.org. There is no mail-in method of entry. Once the registration process has been completed, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Simply log onto the website and follow the online instructions to upload images from your computer. Images formatted in JPEG or TIFF are preferred. Images in color, black and white, sepia, or that have been digitally manipulated will be accepted as long as the origin of the image was photographic. Images may be color profiled in sRGB, Adobe-1998, or not color-managed. For more information on electronic submission guidelines, please contact [email protected].
Official web site: fotoweekdccontest.org/about.shtml