2nd Annual Columbus Day Photography Contest
- Abstract – Can be color or black and white.
- Animal – Photo must be an animal as the main subject.
- Black and White – Any subject matter.
- Landscape – Includes plant life, water and/or the natural outdoor setting.
- Plant Life – Must have a plant or part of a plant as the main subject.
- Portrait/People – A representation of a person, posed and/or close-up. Can be in a casual setting or formal.
- Special Effects/Manipulated – Can be color or black and white and altered in the darkroom or with computer software. Include a small 4×6 photo of the original photo before manipulation.
- Still-Life – An arrangement of inanimate objects.
- Structures – Any type of building or man-made structure, large or small.
- Theme – “Balloons”. Can be color or black and white but representing balloons. Can be the small party balloons or the larger helium balloons. This will be in honor of the balloon festival held during Columbus Days.
Judging will be based on subject matter, composition, technical quality, impact/emotion, photographic
presentation, and conforming to contest guidelines.
Awards will be given to top 3 winners in each category. All participants will receive a participation ribbon. An overall winner, “Judge’s Choice”, will receive special recognition. The public is invited to vote for a “People’s Choice” winner while photos are on display during the Columbus Day celebration in Columbus, KS October 10-11, 2008.
===Black and white and color photos may be entered.
Any type of camera may be used.
Photos must be taken by the exhibitor.
Overall size of the exhibit, including mat, must be no larger than 11×14 and no smaller than
Photos must be permanently mounted on mount board or foam core board with photographic
mounting tissue, tape or spray. Poster board and rubber cement are not allowed.
Frames and glass are not permitted. No front mount framings are to be used.
No lettering is permitted on the front of the photo or mount. Dates are considered to be
All entries must be in protective plastic. Clear two-gallon Ziploc bags or professional plastic
sleeves work well. Each entry must be placed in a separate bag. No plastic grocery bags.
Each entry must have a completed entry form attached to the center back of the entry.
Entries in the manipulated category please include a small photo (4×6) of the original photo(s).
Entries not adhering to contest rules will have points deducted from the score.
Exhibits will be released and returned via US Mail or UPS the week following the judging.
Please include return postage or prepaid UPS label and packaging with entry.
Any entry without return postage will become the property of Full Spectrum Imaging.
Official web site: fullspectrumimaging.web.officelive.com/photocontest.aspx
MAIL/SHIP ENTRIES TO:
Full Spectrum Imaging
c/o 7082 SE 66th
Riverton KS 66770