Travelers with Purpose Photo Contest 2008 – Extended
Are you a person with a disability? Have you been abroad to study, volunteer, teach, intern or research? Do you have photos? Share them with the world!
Mobility International USA (MIUSA) and the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange (NCDE) want your photos for a full-color, 12-month 2009 calendar and screensaver.Prizes
- 1st Prize: Wheeled Backpack with Docking Daypack from Destinations- The Travel Store
- 2nd Prize: $100 American Airlines Travel Gift Certificate
- 3rd Prize: Rick Steves’ Europe Through the Back Door Travel Publications
- Other prizes include: Mobility International USA’s Survival Strategies for Going Abroad: A Guide for People with Disabilities and MIUSA ‘Challenge Yourself and Change the World’ T-shirts.
What We Are Looking For
High quality photos depicting people with various disabilities (apparent and non-apparent) taking part in overseas experiences: studying, volunteering, teaching, interning or participating in an international educational experience.
Suggested themes include:
- Local life / Interaction with the local population
- Participating in cultural events
- Working / Volunteering / Community Service
- Teaching / Classroom settings
- Enjoying the landscape and architecture
- Taking part in adventure
- Using public transportation
Photos must be submitted in digital format (jpeg, TIFF) on a CD with a brief description of the photo, including who is in the photo, what it is of, where and when it was taken, the name of program (if any) and by whom the photograph was taken. Please make sure corresponding photo file names are included with descriptions if more than one photo is submitted.
The official web page with Rules and the ContestEntry Form: http://www.miusa.org/ncde/spotlight/photocontest08