SPIE International Year of Light 2015 Photo Contest
Theme: The World of Light: The Vital Role that Light and Light-based Technologies play in Daily Life
- 1st Place = $2,500
- 2nd Place = $1,000
- 3rd Place = $500
- People’s Choice = $500
- Four winning photographs showing the vital role light plays in our daily life to be featured in each quarterly issue of SPIE Professional magazine in 2015
- Photos selected as finalists to be displayed at SPIE Optics + Photonics 2015 for "People’s Choice Award"
Image requirements: 300 dpi or more and at least 3,000 pixels on the longest side. File size should be no less than 5MB and no greater than 20MB. TIF and JPEG/JPG. Only limited enhancement of the original photograph is permitted for the purpose of improving brightness and contrast or removing minor cosmetic flaws.
- Content: Appropriateness and coverage of content in relation to the theme.
- Scientific interest: Overall effectiveness in engaging and communicating the contest theme to viewers.
- Creativity/artistry: Innovation and creativity in the concept.
- Execution: Execution of photography techniques used to enhance the quality and content of entries.
- Overall appeal for the International Year of Light.
Each person may submit a maximum of two (2) entries online via the website.