Gardens in Focus Photography Competition
- Plants in a Botanic Garden (Amateur)
- Plants in a Botanic Garden (Professional)
- Creatures in a Botanic Garden (Amateur)
- Creatures in a Botanic Garden (Professional)
- Out & About in a Botanic Garden (Amateur)
- Out & About in a Botanic Garden (Professional)
- International Botanic Gardens (Open)
- My Secret Garden (Open)
- The photographer of the overall winning image will be awarded the first prize of $2,000 in cash and will have their images displayed with the prestigious International Garden Photographer of the Year competition in the UK and published in the IGPOTY book.
- Second prize – $1,000 in cash
- Third prize – $500 in cash
- Category prizes – $150 each category
- People’s choice prize – $300 in cash
- Plus all winning and grand finalist photographs are featured printed and framed under glass in an exhibition at the Royal Botanic Garden in Sydney. Selected framed prints from the exhibition will be available for purchase (subject to the agreement of the photographer).
- "Pic of the Month" – monthly prize
Categories 1 to 6 – for photographs taken in a botanic garden in Australia or New Zealand
Image requirements: dimensions approx. 1,000px wide, portrait or landscape; file size from 500 Kb to approx. 1Mb
Online submission of digital photographs via the website. High resolution images to be presented if selected. There is no limit to how many times you may enter as long as one entry means one image and one entry fee. No composite images are allowed.
- Technical ability including appropriate focal precision and exposure, control of camera shake, white balance and image resolution.
- Creative vision including composition and graphic quality, use of colour or tones and the degree of originality in the interpretation of the scene.
- Images with depth and feeling that tell a story